Tuesday 6 March 2018

Oscars 2018 Fashion

As you know, the 2018 Oscars were held a few nights ago.  Due to my extremely limited computer knowledge, I have been unable to post anything to our BRAND NEW blog until, if this works, right now........;)

So here goes!  Did you guys enjoy the Oscars?  I am not really into movies, but I am into the fashions.  I watch the red carpet, tune in for the opening, and then change the channel while I go through all of the arrivals in more detail on TMZ and TooFab.  The next day, my partner in crime Birgit and I, go through the fashions in much more detail and pretend we are on a tv show and that we know everything about design, etc.  It's so fun!  So here are a few people who I thought were:


Best Dressed:  2018 Oscars

Image result for molly sims oscar

Molly Sims:  Makeup, hair, accessories, dress, and tailoring are all impeccable.
Birgit here and I agree with everything written here but I am tired of the deep V going down to the naval. Less cleavage for moi.

Image result for leslie mann oscars 2018

Leslie Mann:  Wow............I love the texture of the fabric.  The colour goes so well with Leslie's beautiful complexion and the purple coloured ring is a fantastic shade to complement the dress.  I think the fact that Leslie is not wearing a necklace is fine, I personally wouldn't want to be distracted from the delicate design in the fabric, because that is really the stand out aspect of the gown.  The drape in the fabric is exquisite as well, everything falls and flows just as it should.  And did I mention that I love Zac Posen!
Birgit here again-Love this dress with this beautiful fabric that, I think, is organza?? I, too, love Zac Posen but I love necklaces and would have had her wear one but it could not be a statement piece as the dress must be the statement.


Image result for jennifer garner oscars 2018

Image result for jennifer garner oscars 2018

Jennifer Garner:  My FAVOURITE of the 2018 Oscars...........the colour, the fit, the draping, all absolute perfection.  Her makeup, hair, and accessories are all spot on too.
Birgit here again and love, love, love this dress and would love to wear this but, of course, I would need a few sizes larger and a corset tight enough to make me pass out.  This is a fantastic colour!

Thanks friends!  Isn't this fun?

Marni

I(Birgit) am adding a couple more that I think is beautiful


This is a beautiful gown by Reem Acra that is simple yet dramatic with those dramatic sleeves and $4 million in jewels that highlight the dress.


I am not one at all for yellow but this dress by Rodarte works for me from the simple style with the pretty glitter and no long train, thankfully... and I love that necklace. This is one blonde that shines wearing this colour.


Chadwick Boseman looks fine in this dramatic ensemble by Givenchy. I love the long jacket with the intricate silver applique and those funky shoes! Very nice indeed


OK this rocking babe is over 70 and look at her bod! A simple dress accentuated by those incredible jewels by Harry Winston. Diamonds and sapphires worth over 3 mil...Stunning!

So there's my 2 cents worth and it is fun!

3 comments:

  1. I like Leslie's dress. The red and gold color combo remind me of a dress the Mama made for me when I was in 8th grade. Hated that dress back then because it was so odd and ornate. Now, I'd wear that combo in a heart beat. Jennifer's dress is classic. I see why people like it so much. Still prefer Leslie's over hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came over here to take a look. Mann’s gown is beautiful and so subtly ornate. I love the shimmer of that fabric.

      Delete
  2. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. 91st Oscars 2019

    ReplyDelete

Golden Globes 2019! We are here if anyone cares:)

 A new year and I hope Marni and I will post more frequently and, even if it is between us, it is still fun and I hope to post more here. I ...