Tuesday 12 June 2018

The Tony's!

I have had a very busy month of May with 7 birthdays crammed into 2 weeks and Marni has been dealing with fun stuff as well but I hope to be back on track and will start off with the Tony's-The Tonys are the awards for Broadway and many people we never heard of come to this event in hopes of winning this coveted award. I am here, and Marni will add her 2 cents worth as well, to cover the do's and don't of the awards fashion.

One thing I noticed, many men wearing tuxes with running shoes...stop being goofballs and wear the proper shoes because you look like an idiot. I will also add that, when wearing a bow tie, make sure it is straight. So many were crooked that I thought the bow tie just squirted water at someone.

On to The Best...


This is Renee Fleming, who has a beautiful voice,  wearing custom Vera Wang. I love the bright pink with her skin colour and hair. She looks stunning.


I love this dress! It is a beautiful deep blue with a bit of bling that sets her figure off so well. She doesn't need that horse tail which detracts from the dress but, other than that, I would love to wear this dress.


This dress is great created by Christian Siriana and worn by Taylor Lauderman who is an actress. She is showing off her gam(s) and this dress with the colours that are bright but all work so well together.

The bad....


Tina Landau is a force of nature by being a playwright and a director but WTF are you wearing. Did you go into some old lady's closet circa 1986 and just grab..whatever? A sparkly sequined pink jacket with a boring white shirt paired with blue satin pants and then...running shoes?? She was running late, dressed in the car and forgot to do anything with that hair or face...oh well.


So..this creepy couple are Wayne Coyne, a musician and his girlfriend Katy Weaver.  I guess he composed the music for Spongebob the musical hence her stupid purse. Now, to be honest, I don't mind her outfit which fits her well and it looks cute on her but he decides to wear a matching shirt with the blue suit that doesn't quite fit right and then those shoes...ughh. they were smoking something when they dressed up.


Ok so this is my worst pick. Rachel Bloom put out to twitter to make something involving Steven Sondheim and the winner  created this shirt of Sondheim smoking weed. Yes, she thought this was a good idea to pair it with this dirty..oh, sorry this is the actual colour, long dress with a blotch of red and coral things climbing around this putrid skirt...bleccchhhh.

One more note...


Rachel Brosnahan had Dolce & Gabbana create an outfit so she would disappear into the background.  Now I know where the 1950's drapes went to.

Anyone to add Marni?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golden Globes 2019! We are here if anyone cares:)

 A new year and I hope Marni and I will post more frequently and, even if it is between us, it is still fun and I hope to post more here. I ...