Wednesday 25 April 2018

This Week's Fashion

It has been a zany month for me  because I am doing the A to Z Challenge on my other blog. I know Marni has been busy as well but I am writing about this week's fashion and will choose 3..maybe 4-2 that are hits in my book and 2 that should go back under that rock.


Florals are in and I thought this dress looked pretty on Reese Witherspoon with a thin belt accentuating  her waist in the right way. The colour looks good on her and she doesn't look too made up.


Viola Davis loves this colour and I understand because it looks great on her. Sometimes the dropped shoulder look reveals droopy ta-ta's but not in this case and the peblum  helps define the waist and hips in the right places. I like that she wears a necklace which doesn't take away from the dress at all. I just wish she would showcase her real hair. It is very, very short and she looks great but she said she is self-conscious so ok...but she shouldn't be.


Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. I have a hard enough time staring at these place mats sewn together when sober but I would have the dizzy spells looking at this when drunk. Yes, it fits her well but...come on! The layers and the fringe..makes me want to set the table.


Rihanna...you look like an idiot. You must be doing a side gig as a life guard and found Fatty Arbuckle's pants( he was a very famous comedian during the early teens known for his girth). You thought you were going to some swank party so bright yellow-heeled pumps seemed the way to go for you...WTF??  I am not sure what you were thinking except you weren't and stop with the That Girl hair cut.

(Dis)Honourable Mentions


I want to like this golden dress that Nicole Kidman is wearing but I just can't because even though she is uber skinny, one sees the two little hills at the top and then we see her tum tum and her thighs because this dress hugs the star in all the wrong places plus she is just too pale with that haystack coloured mop of hair so ...this is a no.


Hooker alert! Gwen Stefani is how old and doesn't want to deal with it so she decided to dress up  like Honoureah Hookersville with that top that is cut down to her big black belly button, a skirt that was cut up by some evil person and those Come F*&^% Me boots. I sigh.....


OK this is Allessandra Ambrosio..yeah...I don't know her either but she must be some young singer or whatever. Her beachy outfit is actually cute with the blue jean jacket but she should be told not to stand like a Vogue model gone wrong. She is trying too hard to look sexy and independent which she doesn't need to do...Stop That!

3 comments:

  1. That’s given me a really good laugh this morning Birgit.....don’t they look in the mirror?....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they don't! If I dressed like that, I would be hauled off by men in white coast. Thanks for visiting:)

      Delete
  2. Birgit, you are SPOT ON again with the fashions my friend. The pants on Rihanna......oh lord. And I agree, women must STOP trying to look so much younger than their chronological age. Women become more beautiful as they age and we all must embrace that fact instead of punishing ourselves by trying to live up to the magazine images, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Golden Globes 2019! We are here if anyone cares:)

 A new year and I hope Marni and I will post more frequently and, even if it is between us, it is still fun and I hope to post more here. I ...