Tuesday 6 March 2018

Here are my picks for the 2018 Oscar fashions that made me shake my head and say:

UM.........No.............

Image result for worst dressed oscars 2018

St. Vincent:  So first of all, I had no clue who this young lady was, probably because I am getting up there in years, and secondly, I was concerned that a parrot was going to jump out from underneath the black fabric that seemed to be sitting on her one shoulder like it was covering a bird cage.  There is just way too much going on, too many different shapes and angles that make it look like a few pieces from a few different looks were kind of glued together and made into a garment.  Either that or I am just old............ 😉
You are not old Marni, you just have great fashion sense and this is just plain ugly. I think she just left David Copperfield's show and forgot to give the birdcage, hidden under that big black flap, back to Copperfield. What the hell is that droopy piece in front of her ..um...pussy galore? Very sill indeed.

Image result for worst dressed oscars 2018

Emma Stone:  I really like Emma Stone, and normally she looks stunning, but this look is just weird.  It seems like menswear for women is 'in' right now or trending, but this look is a disaster.  The pants are okay, JUST okay, but the rest seems to have been thrown together haphazardly.  To be honest, when I saw some footage of Emma in black and white while wearing this outfit I thought, Oh wow, she is rocking the menswear!  I don't know why the footage was in black and white, but it looked a LOT better than it does in colour.  Sorry Emma..........
Emma was just lounging at home and forgot the time, so she had to come in her fancy pajamas to the awards. She is colourblind as well since she just threw anything together. Here's an idea Emma, it's the Oscars not late night with Jimmy Fallon.

Image result for maya rudolph oscars 2018

Maya Rudolph:  Speechless, well almost.  And those who know me, know that doesn't happen very often.  My biggest questions are WHY and WHAT IS THAT?  I can't tell if that is a dress or a sort of jump suit.  When Maya walked on the stage, it looked like it was a jump suit because I could sort of see pant legs?  I don't know.  I know that I complain that some people show too much skin, etc., but I think this is taking a bit far.  I am just BEYOND confused...........but I DO know that I don't like it at all and I have picked this outfit as the WORST dressed of the 2018 Oscars.
Yup..I agree, this is the worst and I wonder if she can even move her neck since she is wrapped like a mummy. In fact, I thought Weinstein might have been around so she wore this get up as her own chastity dress. Fire your fashion person because this is an epic fail.

Completely UNsure..............but, he said he LOVES it, so good on him for feeling so comfortable and not giving a hoot what other people think.

Image result for adam rippon

Adam Rippon:  I wasn't a fan of the bondage wear and the lack of socks, and I was all ready to criticize, but you know what?  Adam loved his look and he said it made him feel great wearing the outfit.  To paraphrase what Adam said on Twitter, he thinks that people should be able to wear what they want and not care about what others think, and for that I applaud him.  I am the type of person who is all too concerned about what others think, so good for you Adam.  And judging by the pictures that I have seen of him from the Oscars, he does feel great, and that is the best feeling in the world.
Oh I can criticise...good for him to wear what he wants but I think he forgot his whip and chains. This look is dreadful from the bondage get up up top to the who cares for socks and let's throw on some velcro shoes on at the last minute...Blecchhh.
That's all for now friends.........back later with some more fashions.

Marni

Birgit here and I must add 2 more that I think are just plain dreadful. I love dissing bad gowns..


I now know where my 1991 drapes went to. This is a serious WTF moment. I love Zac Posen but he must have been looking at his mom's drapes or something to make this mess.


I miss going on hayrides. I wonder if she took some allergy meds before wearing this get up. I know, I know...Christian Dior killed Cousin It from the Adam's family to create this gown. Poor Cousin It, may he, or she, rest in peace.

This was so much fun:)

5 comments:

  1. Love this. I hate to be the fashion police, but lucky for me, you ladies are up for the task!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed our commentary

      Delete
  2. Thank you Denise! We LOVE to comment and follow all of the celebrity fashion. We are glad that you enjoyed our take on the Oscar Fashions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Vincent's dress looks like something cocktail waitresses would wear. Maybe she has martinis under that black think on her shoulder. Add shoulder straps to it and I'd wear it as a swim suit. :-)

    Birgit and Marni, you two are great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We think we make a great team too!😀 A bathing suit seems more appropriate and I would stick by her if she was handing out martinis

      Delete

Golden Globes 2019! We are here if anyone cares:)

 A new year and I hope Marni and I will post more frequently and, even if it is between us, it is still fun and I hope to post more here. I ...