Monday 12 March 2018

A New Week for Fashion

We are now into our second week of fashion blogging, nitpicking, critiquing, loving and general fun about this industry. So  here  are my favourites followed by, bleccch, not so favourites and then...Oprah.

Hello friends!  It's Marni and I would just like to say that I LOVE Birgit's line above.....'favourites followed by, BLECCCH, not so favourites and then...OPRAH'.  Made me bust out laughing....;)


The jury is a bit out on the grey but, for some reason, I am really attracted to this. I think it fits so well on her and I love the black design with the little bow. I also love the colouring probably because I create cards and often use distress inks so maybe that is it.

It's Marni again and I agree Birgit, my favourite part is the distress ink-like fabric, love the complementary colours of red and green.  For some reason I am really into complementary colours these days.  It does have the rather plunging neckline that you and I have spoken about many, many times and made LOTS of faces about (hahaha), so I don't totally love it, but there are parts that are quite beautiful.  I like that her hair is styled in a sleek manner, curls or poufs wouldn't do with this look.


It fits in all the right places and it is all a glitter with a tiny belt which just seals the deal for me. A classic.

It's Marni again and YES, this is VERY classy.  LOVE the belt too Birgit, it's just enough to draw the eye to see her perfect figure.


I love this and this is my favourite look for the week! I can't believe this is Gerri Halliwell but she looks like a star from the 1960's with the sparkle and shine, the boots and the bright yellow purse and umbrella. I love the coat and hope the fur is fake..it better be.

OMG - I had no idea at first that this was GERRI!  Wow!  You go girl, this is a great look on you.  And Birgit, absolutely, it better be fake fur because you know how I feel too.......

Now on to the dreck...


OK Rooney is cutting edge but this look makes her look pregnant and frumpy. The top part looks off with one ruffle pointing up and the other off to the side much like boobs can do. The pants sit a bit below or maybe the waist of the frou is too high but those pants don't seem to fit well in the vajaja  area and they look too long.

Um, ya, I agree, WTH?  Not cutting edge at all........more like something that was left on the cutting room floor in the design area........UGH!


Oh look! It's the Britney, where the lampost, look. Really nothing new here and this look, that she seems to love, must go in her one closet marked "slut dresses".

Oh lord.......put it back in your closet Brittany with all of the other same shape, same colour, same everything dresses.  Come on girl, you are beautiful, this does NOT do you justice!


So we go from slut look to my worst...Ruth Wilson is so pretty but why does she feel the need to dress like she works as a daycare worker. She could do so much better like wear a ballet flat, don't tuck in the pullover. it's just...sad.

Oh Ruth............I can't, I just can't.

Now for Oprah...


I love the colour, her figure looks great. I don't mind the black mesh on her shoulders but something seems off about this dress. First, the hem is too long, if she had it shortened by 2 inches it would have elongated her look better. I really don't get what that black thing is on her right shoulder..is that supposed to be long locks? A black sock stuck to her dress? a black snake? So there are my week's selctions...I shall pass this on to Marni for her comments.

Birgit, I agree, colour is fantastic, and if only the hem was shortened a tiny bit it would highlight the whole shape much better AND we would see those fabulous legs Oprah!  Come on.....now I know you may be trying to act all 'possibly' presidential and everything, but that does NOT mean that you have to dress so conservatively with that length. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golden Globes 2019! We are here if anyone cares:)

 A new year and I hope Marni and I will post more frequently and, even if it is between us, it is still fun and I hope to post more here. I ...