Thursday 20 September 2018

Emmy Night Fashion! Back to the Blog!

We took a summer hiatus since..no one is following us...yet:) I decided to start things off with the Emmy Fashion and I have to say, no gown really wowed me. There were plenty of people who loved gowns i thought missed the mark or were just hideous. Anyhoo, I have picked 3 gowns I liked and 3 I thought were ghastly.

Here are my top 3....

Image result for Logan Shroyer emmy

This is Logan Shroyer, Yeah, I don't know him either. He is in Yves St. Laurent and I thought this was a different take on the typical tux men wear. I love the shimmer of the jacket, his shoes are nice (Men and boys...stop wearing sneakers, you all look like morons) and his tie looks straight so this is a win for me.

Image result for leslie james emmy 2018

This is Leslie James (I know still have no clue) in Christian Siranno pantsuit and I was surprised by how much I loved this. It has that neat shimmer of pink and blue which works so well with her skin tone which is flawless. I would say the pants are a bit too long but, overall, I loved the look.

Image result for marin hinkle emmy 2018

Marin Hinkle (who??) looks amazing in this purple dress and this is my favourite of the night. It is soft and flowing and just perfect...although i would love a necklace and not one that hangs between her boobs. I chose this over Joey King's huge dress which is beautiful but Joey looks always bored or in pain so I chose this dress which looks more comfortable anyway.

Now my pick for worst....

Image result for marin hinkle emmy 2018

Bleccchhhh-Tracee Ellis Ross is being eaten by this Valentino Haute Couture number. The dress is wearing her..well, devouring her with her tiny head peaking out from this pepto dismal confection. It must have been loud being beside her with all that swooshing and where is an iron when you need one.

Image result for amy sedaris emmy 2018

WTF? I mean, WTF? Amy Sedaris thought this housecoat a woman wears while cleaning her house, would be good for the Emmy's. I wouldn't wear this to Walmart! Those shoes that look like one will trip because of them at any moment have got to go. Utter dreck!

Image result for kristin Cavallari emmy 2018

I want to suddenly watch some Molly Ringworm movie and listen to Wham or Depeche Mode. Kristin Cavallari thought this 80's get up looked great from the Mullet dress style to her hair that looks like she used the same "gel" from "Everybody Loves Mary". The only thing I don't mind are her shoes.

Image result for Deon Cole emmy 2018

This is the worst..a truly whacked out suit all in,,ughh, paisley worn by Deon Cole. Listen it is hard enough to look at paisley wallpaper or bedsheets but as a suit? WTF??  I actually had many WTF moments looking at the outfits from Taraji P Henson's  spider eye bugging outfit to Michelle Dockery's beautiful blue destroyed by a grade 8 orange applique placed right in front of the bodice.  I think that Deon and Mary Steenbergen walked into the same closet...

Image result for mary steenburgen emmy 2018

Why Mary? Ted looks ok but you make me want to play "connect the dots". The whole suit is horrible especially with the different patterned pockets and those pastel pink shoes. Your eyes look like 2 piss holes in the snow and please stop stretching your face. You are beautiful without doing that.

I hope my fellow fashion gal, Marni, is able to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golden Globes 2019! We are here if anyone cares:)

 A new year and I hope Marni and I will post more frequently and, even if it is between us, it is still fun and I hope to post more here. I ...